Finding the appropriate car for your budget takes a lot of work. Even if you have a limited budget, you can purchase a vehicle at a far lower cost than the new car alternative. A used automobile loan can help you with this. Availing of a loan for used cars is simple and convenient. You can apply easily online using online and offline with a few simple steps. Read further to learn about a loan on a used car and how you can apply for it.
You can apply for a loan on a used car by following the below-mentioned steps.
Below are the steps to apply for a second-hand car loan in online mode:
- Look for a reputable lender or bank that offers low-interest two-wheeler loans.
- Visit their official website and complete the application.
- Depending on your financial situation, select the loan amount and repayment period you want to apply for.
- The following step is to submit all relevant documentation.
- Once you have supplied all the required information and papers, the lender will review them and process your two-wheeler loan application.
- Your application will be authorised once your information has been confirmed.
Below are a few steps to apply for an offline pre-owned car loan.
- Find a lender or bank you want to approach for a used automobile loan.
- Contact the loan manager or customer relationship manager to explore your options, including your optimal amount and term.
- Give the bank or lender all of the necessary information and documentation.
- Your application is completed and accepted when the bank validates all your submitted information.
Before applying for a loan on a used car, carefully verify the interest rate, processing fees, and other additional expenses. Now that you know about the application process, you should know about the eligibility process and documentation required for the loan on a used car.
The following documents are necessary for a used car loan:
- Identity card: PAN card, driving licence, Aadhar card, or passport with photo.
- Address proof: a utility bill, a passport, or a lease agreement.
- Birth certificate, school/college leaving certificate, passport, driving licence, or PAN card are all acceptable forms of proof of age.
- Proof of salary or income: Salary slips, certifications, the most recent form 16, or bank statements confirming salary credits.
Check with your lender beforehand about the required documents, as they may differ from one lender to another.
Eligibility for a loan on a used car
The following are the eligibility requirements for a loan on a used car for salaried and self-employed individuals:
Eligibility requirements for salaried individuals
- The person must be an Indian resident.
- They must be at least 21 years old when applying for car financing.
- At the time of loan maturity, the individual must be no older than 60.
- Income is required by the bank’s finance amount and terms.
Eligibility requirements for self-employed
- The applicant must be a resident of India.
- At the moment of maturity, the maximum age must be 65 years.
- The company should have been in operation for at least three years.
The eligibility criteria for each lender may differ. It is subject to the terms and conditions of the bank or lender you select. After you have collected all the required information, the next step is calculating the EMI amount for a loan on a used car.
The second-hand car Loan EMI Calculator is a valuable tool that assists you in calculating the equated monthly instalments you must pay the lender throughout the life of the car loan. Before you step into the bank, you learn the amount you must borrow, the interest rate, and the Car Loan EMIs over the loan’s term.
You can use the online second-hand car loan EMI calculator by just providing a few basic information. To calculate your monthly financial obligations, you need to enter the loan amount, interest rate and the repayment period you prefer. Enter this information in the calculator and hit ‘enter’. The calculator will display the monthly EMI you must pay the lender to repay the loan.
Following are a few benefits of using a second-hand car loan EMI calculator to find out your monthly payment amount:
- Checking your easy monthly instalment in advance allows you to plan your budget effectively and make necessary changes to include the loan repayment amount.
- Calculating your equal monthly payment amount will allow you to decide the loan amount you can take without harming your monthly budget or savings equation.
- Calculating your EMI in advance will also give you a realistic idea of the loan amount you can afford to pay and get it approved by the bank. This reduces the chances of loan application rejection and ensures better credit ratings in future.
- In addition to helping with repayments of the loan. A second-hand car loan EMI calculator also helps with planning the pre-payment of the loan.
- Since you can change the variables and instalment amount with it, it is easy to decide what loan tenure and loan amount will fit your budget as per the expected interest rates.
- Lastly, one of the most significant advantages of calculating loan EMI is that it allows you to compare your top options properly and get concrete results. You can compare the estimated interest you will be paying and see which bank or finance house offers you the best deal.
The used car market in India is growing, owing to its accessibility and ease of access to loans on a used car. Furthermore, the market introduction of organized firms has enhanced the attractiveness of used cars among purchasers because these companies assure that used vehicles are of good quality and well maintained.