Are you aware of an issue in women that can cause an excessive growth of hair? No? The growth of excessive hair growth can be referred to as the condition of Facial hirsutism. Learn more about hirsutism within this article and you can continue reading to know more.
What is Facial Hirsutism?
Eflora cream is a very common condition that causes an excessive or abnormal growth of hair for women.
Women suffering from Facial hirsutism may grow hair in areas that men typically have hair growth, like the thighs, face, chest, chin and upper lips.
The most common sign of hirsutism is large, thick, and long beards as well as the long hair on their faces.
The excess of androgens, also known as male hormones, can cause the condition known as Facial hirsutism.
Women also produce tiny amounts of androgen however, a greater amount is indicative of the presence of hirsutism.
In India there are more than 1 million instances of the condition are reported each year. The majority of the time, the condition can be treated, and you are able to determine the reason for the Facial hirsutism by testing in lab.
Symptoms of Facial Hirsutism:
The development of coarse, thick as well as dark-colored hair around areas of the body where it grows as thin, fine hair is among the primary signs of the Facial hirsutism.
While hirsutism signs appear different for each individual typically, individuals have thick hair growth on:
- Upper lip
What are the Causes of Hirsutism?
Most of the time there is a root issue that causes the occurrence of Facial hirsutism. The main factors that could cause the condition include:
PCOS can be described as a medical condition that causes hormonal imbalance as well as excess body and facial growth. If not addressed, PCOS can lead to infertility, too.
When you suffer from this state, the body produces elevated levels of cortisol, the hormone that causes steroid effects.
The higher levels of cortisol can trigger an increase in hair growth within the body and cause other signs as well.
Applying a warm or cold wax can aid in removing hair that is not need from your body. It is necessary to do this every 2 to 3 weeks. It is also possible to opt for bleaching, in which chemicals lighten the colour of hair.
Women who are taking certain medications could develop Facial hirsutism, which is a result of the drug. For example, the medication danazol , which is used to treat endometriosis, could cause an increase in hair growth.
The elevated levels of insulin could be the reason for the growth of facial hair that is excessive. This can cause the ovarian cells to produce androgen, which can cause hirsutism.
In some rare cases tumors that secrete androgens within the adrenal glands, ovaries or may cause hair growth that is abnormal all over the body.
Risk Factors of Facial Hirsutism:
If conditions such as adrenal hyperplasia as well as polycystic Ovarian syndrome are present through your family tree and you are a woman, then you stand a possibility of developing Facial hirsutism.
- Obesity may increase androgen levels and can cause or increase the severity of the severity of hirsutism.
- Some women have hair growth that is excessive in comparison to women from other ancestries.
Diagnosis of Facial Hirsutism:
Your doctor will ask about your health and symptoms past. The doctor will conduct a physical exam.
The blood tests can be conduct to look for increase androgen levels. These tests may reveal any other problems that may be causing excessive hair growth.
There are many strategies you can take to eliminate or minimize the incidence of Facial hirsutism. A few of them include:
- The easiest method of removing hair is to shave using small blades and shifting them across the skin. The hair will then start to grow again, and you’ll have to shave frequently.
- It is also possible to reduce hair growth with electrolysis. This process involves injecting an extremely thin needle is insert into a hair follicle .
- Then, electric current is pass through the needle. This can damage the hair follicle. This procedure can eliminate hair growth and decrease it for the duration of.
- The skin cream containing eflornithine may slow hair growth and you’ll notice outcomes in the next six or 8 weeks. If you decide to quit using the cream hair will grow back within 8 weeks.
- The use of lasers for hair elimination is a great alternative. The laser is direct towards the skin and the light from the laser gets absorb by the pigments in hair, thereby destroying hair.
Treatment for Hirsutism:
- If you suffer from pituitary adrenal gland, pituitary gland, or thyroid gland issues these can cause an excessive growth of hair. It is important to have these issues treat in order to stop hair growth.
- If you are overweight, and you lose weight, the growth of your hair might decrease.
- Additionally, women who are 30 or older are less likely to have androgen levels which means they will experience reduced hair growth.
- Your physician may suggest to take antiandrogen medication to lower your body’s levels of androgen.
- This could help to reduce androgens’ effects in hair hair follicles. Spironolactone is the most common type. To avoid birth defects when taking the drugs the woman should use birth control.
- Various birth control pills prevent conception. They may lower the levels of testosterone in your body.
- A majority of women who are using birth control pills will notice an improvement in the growth of their hair.
Visit More : pillscorner
What are the complications associate with Hirsutism?
- Although hirsutism doesn’t cause physical health issues but the cause for hormonal imbalance may be.
- There is a chance that if you suffer from hirsutism as well as irregular menstrual cycles, you may have PCOS.
- Certain medications which treat Facial hirsutism may increase the possibility of having an infant with defects.
- Hirsutism can be emotionally traumatic and can make women feel uncomfortable about their appearance. It could also trigger depression.
It is not enough to treat hirsutism for your confidence. Sometimes, it is the reason for other conditions that are underlying, such as PCOS as well as endometriosis. Thus, seeking medical attention is essential.
If you’re trying to get pregnant or have an excessive growth of hair, make an appointment at Ahmedabad’s most renown fertility clinic call Banker IVF.
Receive the best treatment and guidance under Dr. expert advice and fertility specialist with 32+ many years’ experiences!